“I watched my grandfather, one of the hardest working guys I know lose his entire life savings. Here is a guy who worked 3 jobs, had 7 kids, and never made more than $30,000 in a year. He had back surgery and retired with a fairly decent nest egg. But eventually inflation, taxes, and the nursing home devoured his savings. You see my grandfather came from the Great Depression generation. He wanted safety. He bought CDs and thought the interest he earned would help make that money go a long way.
Interest rates were good in the 80s, but peaked and went down substantially from there. He eventually developed dementia and his nest egg dwindled away. As a teenager I saw this play out and decided that I needed to do something to try to help make sure others didn’t have this same issue. What if I had the opportunity to show my grandfather the power of dividend paying stocks? What if I had the opportunity to help him create a solid financial plan? That drove me into the financial industry and wet my appetite to learn as much as I could about creating long-lasting wealth.”
You are the author of The Faith Based Investor, and The Faith Based Millionaire. What inspired those books and how does it play into WallStRenegade.com?
“After being in the financial industry for more than a decade, I had a client ask me a question I couldn’t answer. It was one of those powerful questions that can change your life. She asked, “Jay, How can I expect God to bless my investments if I’m investing in companies that oppose His word?” Here she was, she knew we shared a common Christian faith and had similar beliefs and values and was wondering if she should be investing according to her values.
Now I had never looked at this for my portfolio, never mind that of my clients. This sent me on a yearlong journey trying to figure out if there was a way to invest with your values in mind. I saw a lot of stuff on social responsible investing, but there wasn’t as many resources on morally responsible investing. As I learned more and more, I decided it would be helpful to share my journey and I did so in The Faith-Based Millionaire and The Faith-Based Investor. That research has led to the “proud to own” process we use at wallstrenegade.com. We help our subscribers find profitable investment opportunities that match their faith and values.”
Where did you come up with the name Wall St. Renegade?
“As I contemplated names for the site, I started thinking about how different our process was from those being used on Wall Street. I use a three-step process to help our subscribers find companies they can be “proud to own”
1. Avoid companies that violate your faith and values. This can include companies involved in abortion, pornography, or vices like alcohol, tobacco and gambling.
2. Seek out those companies that complement your faith and values. This can include companies helping the poor and defenseless, those protecting the sanctity of human life and those that are finding cures for life threatening diseases.
3. Seek companies with strong profit potential. This involves finding companies in solid financial condition that have strong profit potential and/or provide strong cash flows via dividends. Our goal is to find quality companies that stay true to our subscribers values AND are profitable! This is not an either /or scenario but rather a winning combination.
As I looked at our process and movement, it is very different from what most investment firms and newsletters promote so the term “renegade” came to mind. That is when Wall St. Renegade was born.”
Who, or what type of investor, is Wall St. Renegade for?
“Though most of our subscribers come to us for the faith and morals based screening that we utilize, that is not a requirement. When we utilize a screening process, we understand it eliminates about 10% of our potential investment pool. However, we still have thousands of investment opportunities, and if we can’t find plenty of good ideas within that pool, then shame on us not the process. We have found a way to remain true to our clients faith and values and produce solid results!
This service is right for investors interested in:
- Strategies for short-term trading and long-term investing.
- Value and growth opportunities.
- Fundamental and technical analysis.
- Stable income investments and hot momentum stocks.
- Large cap, mid cap, small cap, and global companies.
Our subscription services help investors gain access to all of our research and then settle on the portfolio strategies that best fit their personal investment style and goals.”
How is WallStRenegade.com different from some of the other “stock alert” subscription services out there?
“What really separates us is our process. We first utilize a morals based screening process to eliminate companies and investments that don’t line up with our subscribers’ values. Then once we do that, we utilize a proprietary five point financial screen. We look at:
1. Earnings Trends: Earnings provide us with one of the best ways to track where a company’s future stock price is heading.
2. Price Momentum: When looking at a company, we will measures a stock’s momentum and growth potential.
3. Financial Strength: In looking at the financial strength of a company, we typically focus on four main areas: sales, operating margins, cash flow, and return on equity.
4. Valuation: When looking at a company’s valuation, we measure its long-term price appreciation potential based on its current price compared to its competitors.
5. Risk: In analyzing a companies risk level, we utilize three categories: conservative, moderate, and aggressive risk stocks to under stand the risk to reward with
The ultimate goal is to find best of breed ideas. We spend a lot of time trying to separate the wheat from the chaff and identify stocks that are poised to outperform the overall market.”
There is a lot of educational stuff on the website and in your newsletters. Why is it important for your subscribers to get that too, and not just alerts on what to buy or sell?
“We believe strongly in educating our investors. We don’t want them to just mimic what we are doing, but we want them to understand the how and why. We provide detailed instructions and the reasons behind each trade. We also spend a lot of time letting our investors know the risks and rewards with each investment that we select.”
There are several options that you offer with WallStRenegade.com. What are the different subscription options, and what do those include?
“We have three different membership levels:
1. VIP Members receive:
- 24/7 Real-Time Access to all 7 of the Renegade Portfolios.
- Instant BUY and SELL alerts directly in your email inbox every time we make a change to the portfolio.
- Monthly portfolio briefings from Jay Peroni, CFP.
- Access to our best trading and investment ideas each month!
2. Premium Members receive:
- An asset allocation model for real-time implementation based on market conditions.
- This state of the art asset allocation model will help you find tune your portfolio strategy and it will help you select the investments most appropriate for your situation based on how much you’re investing, your goals, risk level, and time frame.
- Draws our top picks in each sector and allocates a suggested portfolio for your personal situation
- Access to all of our premium research and 7 portfolio strategies.
3. Gold Members receive:
- 3-5 Fast-Moving Trades Delivered to Your Inbox Each Week
- Weekly Briefings
- Each week, we send an update with briefings containing a full update on the movements and ratings of all of our elite stocks.
- Special Midweek Alerts
- If new ideas and opportunities come up, you’ll be the first to know! We will also send important market news and earnings reports that are critical to your success.
- Option Trader Portfolio. These are our most explosive trades. Our approach is flexible and disciplined so you can quickly learn how to put the odds of success in your favor.
- Members Only Q&A and Quarterly Training
- And Access to all Wall Street VIP and Premium Services.”