Hessaam welcomes You to Parzivand Law Firm!
Hessam graduated #1 in Human Resources at Louisiana State University in December 2006. After graduating, he traveled to the Middle East interviewing people of 14 different nationalities. He compiled his interviews into a book entitled Winning Middle Eastern Heart and Minds, which was published in 2008. He continued his education by obtaining his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center in May 2010, where he served as Chief Notes & Comments Editor of the Houston Business and Tax Law Journal. While at the University of Houston, he began working for a law firm practicing employment law. Hessam successfully represented both employers and employees during his tenure at the firm. His experiences include litigating two of the largest overtime collective actions of the last decade, successfully defending employers in various industries from Department of Labor Investigations, and assisting businesses with litigation, employment agreements, and compliance issues. Combining his HR knowledge with experiences as a representative of both employees and employers, gives him the ultimate perspective on employer compliance issues.
Hessam is a licensed lawyer in the state of Texas who has been admitted to practice in all four Federal District Courts in the state. He has also practiced law in Louisiana and Oklahoma during his career on a pro hac vice basis.
Hessam has worked on cases involving a broad range of employment and commercial litigation issues including
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) cases involving unpaid overtime and retaliation including collective actions under the FLSA
- Title VII discrimination and retaliation cases involving race, gender, and sexual harassment
- Breach of contract issues including cases involving employment agreements, service agreements, and brokerage agreements.
- American’s with Disabilities Act and Family Medical Leave Act cases for discrimination, retaliation, failure to accommodate, or interference with employee rights.
- Whistleblower cases involving securities fraud (under Sarbanes-Oxley), violations of Department of Defense contract rules, and False Claims.
- Trade Secret and confidential information protection cases
In addition to working on litigation matters, Hessam has provided counseling to both employers and employees regarding:
- Employment and Severance Agreements
- Non-Competes and Confidentiality Agreements
- Employee Handbooks
- Overtime law compliance
- American’s with Disabilities Act and Family Medical Leave Act compliance