A palletizer is a gadget that offers an automatic way of piling cases of products or goods into a pallet. Piling boxes on pallets manually is a tedious process which can also be costly and time consuming. Many manufacturing plants and factories today have embraced automation in their applications using the palletizing robot. This technology has enhanced profitability and productivity, and created flexibility when it comes to running their operations for a prolonged period of time.
A robot regulation system comes complete with an inbuilt palletizing operation makes loading and unloading of components simpler. What’s more, it is easy to learn and operators do not need prior knowledge to run them. Technological advancements have allowed for the integration of robotic work cells within a wide range of projects. In addition, the evolution of EOAT (end of arm tooling) has enabled introduction of robot palletizing work cells in various factory departments.
There are various robotic solutions that have transformed the material management industry. They include; mixed case palletizing, inline palletizing, and layer depalletizing and palletizing.
Many players in the manufacturing industry have in the past years discovered the efficiency of end of line palletizing of components of similar package. Palletizing systems have been justified economic wise by their efficiency, productivity, ability to function in limited spaces, availability, and the rate at which the entire production line uses them.
When it comes to high production demands as is the case in the beverage industry, robots provide better inline palletizing. Use of speedy robots enables players in the industry to execute new inventive robot founded ideas for inline palletizing.
Currently, the robots come with shape suitable grippers enabling them to move incoming packages accurately and actively to the target positions on the mesh conveyor belt. In this case, the robot movement is integrated with the conveyor belt speed hence allowing a dependable layer forming procedure. Now that the packages are actively gripped, the procedure does not rely on packaging attributes and friction.
While the layer forming procedure takes place, a small gap between the packages is formed. This prevents them from crashing. On completion of a layer, the lowering of a mechanical stop is executed on the pickup area of the layer picking machine. Once the layer goes past the end stop, it is raised to allow for the assembling of the subsequent layer.
The layer picking machine is capable of pulling the entire layer using an integrated puller through the gripper. The layer is then placed inside the gripper to allow the compact layer to be rested accurately on the target pallet. The layer gripper also can add a slip sheet. The robot inline palletizing system can be fitted on its required system functionality. For instance, the procedure can be doubled by adding an extra layer forming robot.
Benefits Of Inline Palletizing
- Organizations stand to gain more profits due to high palletizing functionality
- The robots require minimal space meaning that organizations do not have to incur extra expenses
- It provides an all round solution right from the outlining through to the after sales service
- It provides a scalable system idea incorporated within an organization’s requirements
- The robots are capable of handling packages gently therefore damages are limited
- They are founded upon layer forming and form gripping principle which makes them more dependable
- It comes with a simple, speedy, and automated substitution to various dimensions and types of packages
- It comes with a comprehensive control structure
- Palletizing robots are precise and safe complete with a unified centering gadget and layered gripper
- The robot equipment can be reused in the event of production changes
- If organizations choose slip sheet handling, adding them to the overall system approach is simple
When it comes to the different types of robotic palletizing solutions, the benefits are more or less the same. Robots have indeed revolutionized the manufacturing industry and as technology advances, more complex evolutions are expected in the coming years.