I’m the host of “The Coaching Through Chaos Podcast: Bringing You what You Need to Succeed”. We are an official Bloomberg Radio Price of Business Show Podcast. I produce weekly guest-focused episodes presenting products, books, or programs designed to inspire, motivate and empower my audience. Once a month, I feature an episode designed to provide a resource solely for our Veterans and their families. We just launched episode 15 and our audience is growing every week!!
Since our launch in June 2015, The Coaching Through Chaos Podcast has been on several “New & Noteworthy” pages on iTunes including making it to #8 in “Science and Medicine” and #2 in the “Social Sciences” categories. Recently, we’ve moved into the “What’s Hot” pages and I’m thrilled with the progress we’re making at building an audience for this service-based podcast.
We can also be found on Soundcloud, tunein, ipodder, CoachingThroughChaos, and Stitcher is you’re not an iTunes listener. You can find our Season 1 page right here
I’m looking for Guest Experts – That’s where YOU come in…..
I’m looking for my next 20 guests for The Coaching Through Chaos Podcast! I know some of you receiving this email fit the bill: you are an expert at what you do and you have a book, program, course or other resource that could be helpful for my audience. I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!!!
Even if you do not fit that description, I’ve learned that our world is getting smaller and smaller with the connections through social media. My ask of you is that you share this email with people you think may fit that description so that they can have an opportunity to feature their work on my show.
Once a month, there is a Veteran-Focused Episode….
Once a month I feature an episode dedicated to a resource solely for our veterans and/or their families. This has been tougher than I thought to get guests for these particular episodes. I know I am connected to so many people working with our vets or connected to some great veteran-focused organizations – I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!!!
Am I really offering you FREE publicity? Yes!
This is truly a labor of love for me. I’ve spent the last 13 years working as a therapist in San Diego- I’ve worked with so many different types of people and spent so much of my time trying to figure out how to best help others. I have found that often a person has a need but they don’t know what resources are available to them to meet that need. I’m building this show as an online database of resources. I write accompanying blog posts on the topic/guest of the week and always provide some links to resources (including my guests website) for the audience to begin to help themselves.
How to contact me
You can respond right here on Linkedin to this message, but I prefer that you contact me on via email DrMullen@CoachingThroughChaos.com
Thank you – I truly look forward to connecting with you!
Colleen Mullen, Psy.D., LMFT
2535 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 355
San Diego, Ca. 92108
Who has been on The Coaching Through Chaos Podcast?
Following is our guest roster thus far. I’ve truly enjoyed all the episodes. I’ve included a very short summary of the show for your perusing before you click.
• Dr. Mark Wiederhold of the Virtual Reality Medical Center: Dr. W discussed their VRMC’s state of the art Virtual Reality treatment of combat veterans with PTSD – there’s also talk of ow they help people with various phobias with VR too !
• Dr. Harry Haroutunian, The Physician Director of the Betty Ford Center: Dr. Harry is world-famous in the area of addiction medicine. He expresses his concerns about how people access drugs, he offers his knowledge in the arena of treatment and he talks about all Betty Ford Center has to offer.
• Detective Mike Proctor: Det. Proctor is the foremost authority on stalking. He discusses his book “Antidote for a Stalker” – he tells us some unbelievable stories about long-term stalking and I share my own personal experience with being stalked.
• Darlene Lancer, JD, LMFT: Darlene discussed her book, “Codependent No More”. For anyone struggling with an emotionally trying relationship- this episode is for you!
• Andrew Chang, Co-Founder of the Foundry Cup Competition. The Veteran-owned Eastern Foundry started this competition to foster new technology in treating PTSD in Veterans. Each year will bring a new competition theme, but it will always be veteran-focused.
• Amy Morin, LCSW: Amy wrote the best-selling book, “13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do”. She shares her own personal story of overcoming extreme losses and grief which became a catalyst for her now-famous list.
• Jeff Motske, CFP: Discussing his book, “The Couples Guide to Financial Compatibility”. Jeff & I cover how to talk about finances as a couple, a self-assessment test he designed, financial date nights and how to talk to your adult kids about money when they move back home.
• Melanie Notkin: Melanie discusses her experience as a woman in her 30’s who’s romantic life did not go as planned, leaving her in the “Otherhood” – which became a best-selling book. She also talks to us about her SavvyAuntie enterprise.
• Human Instruments: a UK based start-up designing musical instruments for those with physical disabilities – ever wonder what a piano might look for someone with limited arm use?
• Stewart Levine of Resolution Works: Stewart discusses how collaboration is the way to conflict resolution. He shares ideas and tips from his book, “Getting to Resolution: Turning Conflict into Collaboration”
• Dr. Bonnie Bergin, Founder of Paws for Purple Hearts: they pair veterans with medical or emotional needs with service dogs. Dr. Bonnie is the person who invented the idea of the service dog. He passion for her work shines in this interview!
• Shelley Davidescu, Founder of CleanForks.com: helping women entrepreneurs slim their waist while living richer lives!
• Christian Moore, Founder/Author/Key Note Speaker of the WhyTry Program (in 22,000 schools) and the book, “The Resilience Breakthrough”. Christian took experiences from his own life and years of research to design the Resilience Breakthrough – His book s used to help adults build their resilient traits and Why Try brings resilience skills training to our youth. Christian is a dynamic speaker who will make you believe you can be more resilient just listening to him talk about his own experiences!
• The Pocket Lab App: James Crowson & Kibby McMahon have designed an app they thought would only interest the therapy community, but upon it’s launch, they discovered an entirely new market for their product – they tell us all about that discovery!
• The Suicide Prevention Resource Center, Dr. Julie Goldstein Grumet: September is Suicide Prevention Month- she brings us information everyone should know regarding this very serious problem.