Every company with a website or in need of an online presence needs to invest more in search engine optimization (SEO). It is only by doing this that your content will be easy to find online. The reason for this is because SEO helps your website or blog to rank high in search engine results pages. This in turn makes it easy for new and existing customers to find your content. All in all, search engine optimization is not something you should do on your own. You need help from the experts.
There are so many search engine optimization companies today. Finding the company that will work best for your business can be hard. This is why the first thing you need to do before you start searching for a service provider is to understand what you need to look for. Below are recommendations that will guide you through the process of choosing an SEO company.
- Set your goals
The first thing that ought to be done is to set your goals. Hiring an SEO company is easy considering there are so many companies to choose from. However, there is a lot you need to do to hire the right team for the job. You need to set your goals. What is it that you want to accomplish at the end of the day? Why do you need SEO and do you want to rank organically for keywords? Your goals are what will help you narrow down the list of potential service providers.
The best goals when searching for an SEO service provider need to be specific. If you want more traffic, you need to target a specific group of people and not just say you want a lot of people to come to your website. Your goals may include:
- Boosting traffic
- Boosting revenue
- Boosting downloads and/or sign-ups
- Boosting brand sentiment
Do not just say you want traffic. You need to know why you want more traffic and from whom. The more specific and detailed your goals are, the easier it will be for you to pick the right service provider.
- Get recommendations
The worst mistake you can make is that of using Google as your filter. One thing you might already know is that most of the information you find online is biased. It is tailored to win the trust of new customers. When researching a service provider, you need to use trusted sources. Some of the good sources you can use include:
- Friends and people in your personal and professional networks
- Similar but non-rival companies. Learning about their experience with certain SEO companies can help you make a better choice.
- Industry insiders. If you are on Twitter, there is a good chance you follow influential people. You should reach out to the people with whom you have formed a relationship and ask them for advice.
- Know the right questions to ask
To find the best SEO Company Toronto, you will have to learn the right questions to ask. The main reason why most people end up hiring the wrong people for the job is because they fail to ask the right questions. Some of the questions you need to ask an SEO company before hiring include:
- Which strategies will you use to achieve the set goals and why will you use those strategies?
- How is your communication and reporting process? You need to know how often they report and how their cadence is.
- What resources do you commit internally? Effective SEO involves intensive resource allotment. You need to plan in good time.
- What happens when things are not working as expected? The company should inform you of the strategies they will use to resolve issues and they should also be able to explain why they feel their strategy is foolproof.
The more questions you ask the SEO company, the better. You must never hire a company until you are sure they know what they are talking about and they will be able to deliver on their promises.
- Choose the company for the right reasons
Even after setting goals, getting recommendations from people who have used SEO companies and asking the right questions, some people still end up picking an SEO agency for the wrong reasons. When picking a company, you should do so based on these 4 things:
- Trust – References and conversations will help you learn more about an SEO company. You should only choose one that you trust.
- Reviews – If there are good reviews on the company, then it is probably a good company.
- Great communication style – You want to work with a company that listens to you and one that doesn’t force you into things.
- Affordable – The price and contract structure should be fair.
It is never easy finding that one company that you can count on for all your SEO needs. The above recommendations will, however, help you get started on the right path.
Brian Fishkin is an SEO expert. He enjoys educating his readers on the best SEO practices and how to pick the best SEO Company Toronto. You can connect with him on LinkedIn to learn more about SEO.