Whether you run a business that sells globally or you own a local business, you will need the services of a digital marketing agency and the approach for localised marketing is quite different from a more global covering. A local business relies heavily on word-of-mouth recommendations and it can take a while for you to build up a decent reputation within your local community, which is the key to long-term success, and with that in mind, here are a few localised digital marketing tips to drive web traffic to your website.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – Every Australian adult has at least one social media account and this happens to be a very powerful marketing platform, whether Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Talk to a local SEO agency, who would be happy to help you create the right digital marketing campaign that delivers results. If, for example, a homeowner was looking for an electrician in Brisbane by Bevan Robinson Electrical, the chances are they would see a Facebook post and make contact that way. On your Facebook page, you should post images, video and text to promote your business, while also interacting with users when they comment.
- Compare Digital Marketing Plans – This is very easy to do, simply contact 3-4 local digital marketing agencies, asking each one to prepare a digital marketing plan, which they would be happy to provide. Each agency will carry out an online audit to determine the strength of your online profile and they would base their digital marketing plan on that data. Allow each to present their respective plans (not at the same time) and then you are in a position to make an informed decision.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – With millions of people using Google to search for products and services, you simply can’t afford to overlook optimising your website to be more prominent within Google searches. This work is carried out by experienced SEO technicians and it might take a while to see the benefits, which should result in increased web traffic on your digital platform. Due to the constant state of change that is the World Wide Web, SEO services need to be ongoing if you want to retain that higher ranking.
- Online Business Directories – If you provide a domestic service to homeowners, the majority use online business directories to source local providers, therefore you need a listing in all of the major online business directories. An eye-catching ad would be ideal and you only need a single customer to get a return on a business directory listing. This is something your local SEO company can do for you, which should see some results. Click here for tips on using online freelance platforms to drum up business.
- Zero Call-Out Charges – If you want to be really competitive, why not tell customers that you do not charge for a call out? This is a very attractive offer, especially when the call out is outside of office hours and if the homeowner has to choose, they will always opt for the no call-out provider. Here is some more information from the Australian government regarding online marketing.
If you approach an SEO agency that has experience working with local companies, they can put together an aggressive digital marketing plan and once approved, they can start driving customers to your website.