What is Mean Stack?
MEAN is a full-stack development framework that is used to develop a fast and stable web application.
MEAN is a user-friendly stack and is a good choice for building dynamic websites and applications. It has a quick and organized method for creating rapid prototypes of web-based applications.
MEAN is made up of four different technologies:
- MongoDB is a schema-less NoSQL database system
- Express JS is a framework that builds web applications in Node
You can enroll in a MEAN stack training to learn each one.
What is a Mean Stack Developer?
Mean Stack Developer is a programmer who uses the MEAN stack to develop both the backend as well as the front end of the application.
What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is an open-source and cross-platform database, written in C++. It stores data through the key-value pair, using binary data type like JSON. It is a document-centric NoSQL Database. A document in MongoDB is like an Object in OOPS.
What is Express.JS?
Express is a flexible, mature, and lightweight server framework. It is designed for building all kinds of web applications – single page, multi-page or hybrid. Express uses the Pug engine to support templates.
Express is the default framework for Nodejs and is inspired by Sinatra, the popular Ruby framework.
What is Angular JS?
What is Node JS?
Node.js uses a non-blocking and event-driven input-output model. It is lightweight and efficient, and ideal for data-intensive real-time applications running across distributed devices.
Skills Required for a Mean Stack Developer
The skills required are:
- A Mean stack developer should be capable of working on both Front-end and Back-end processes.
- They should be proficient in HTML and CSS.
- There should be an understanding of programming templates and architecture design guidelines
- Knowledge of web development, cloud technologies, and continuous integration
- Solid understanding of DB architecture
- SDLC knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment
- Collaborate with the related IT team to build strong systems for supporting business objectives
- Working experience in Mongo, Express, Angular, and Node.
The Future of Mean stack Developer
A Mean stack developer is much in demand because of the expertise required. So, if you are willing to work on the varied skill sets and have the experience of working with various programming languages and applications, then you will become a successful MEAN stack developer. You can easily work in the Application Architecture area once you get some experience as a Mean stack developer.
Benefits of Mean Stack
The reasons why you should learn Mean stack are:
- Creating a simple open-source solution is possible, which can be used to build strong and maintainable solutions.
- It helps in the rapid development of web applications
- Uses one language throughout your stack
- Uses very low computer memory footprint or overhead
- Eliminates the need for unnecessary groundwork and helps to keep your application organized
- MongoDB is built keeping cloud in mind
- Node.js makes the server layer very simple
- MEAN makes the code isomorphic
Now that you have an idea about Mean stack development, you should look for the right training that suits you, your schedule, and your learning goals. Consider all aspects before you finalize a course!