Cannabidiol oil or CBD oil from https://penguincbd.com/ is increasingly becoming popular today. It’s a chemical compound that naturally occurs in the leaves and flowers of the Cannabis plant. CBD attracts consumers because of its many benefits. One of these benefits is the fact that CBD does not get you high, unlike the psychoactive element of the Cannabis plant, which is THC.
While there is surely a rising demand for CBD, these products are not yet regulated by the FDA. The lack of regulation means buyers have to exercise their own judgment when choosing the best CBD company before purchasing. When buying CBD oil, you just have to take necessary precautions, and know what to consider before consuming CBD oil for sale.
Here’s an overview of what to look out for when purchasing CBD.
Third Party Lab Testing
One of the first things that you should look out for when choosing a CBD oil for sale is proof of lab testing by a third party laboratory. You will know if the product has been tested if the manufacturer presents the necessary lab reports on its website. If you can’t find the lab reports on the manufacturer’s website, you can always submit a request.
If the lab reports are not available, or if the manufacturer doesn’t respond to your request, take that as a sign to step back. The unavailability of lab results gives you no chance to check or confirm what’s in the product.
Now, if you do find the lab report, how do you assess it? What questions should you find answers for? Here are some guidelines:
- Is the third party laboratory accredited? Don’t assume that only companies and manufacturers can be shady. Laboratories can be questionable, too. For this reason, you also have to investigate the laboratory. See if they have the necessary accreditations. Accreditation is an assurance that a lab is following the proper procedures in testing and delivering accurate reports.
- When was the lab report created? Some lab reports posted on manufacturers’ websites are 2-3 years old, and that’s unreliable. The oldest lab reports that you can trust is 8-10 months old at most.
- Is the product free of contaminants, based on the lab report? A CBD oil for sale needs to contain little to no harmful substances such as microbial contaminants and metals. If there’s any contaminant in the oil, it should be within the level that’s not considered harmful to the human body. The lab report should indicate that the product has “passed” this particular test on its description.
The Area And The Way The Hemp Was Grown
The source of the hemp, the presence of Delta 8 THC, as well as the way it was grown and harvested, are also factors to look into when choosing a CBD oil for sale. Ideally, manufacturers should have followed strict agricultural guidelines when growing hemp.
Here are some guidelines that hemp farmers should follow in growing the plant to ensure its quality:
- Hemps should be grown in a loamy soil that is well-drained and has a pH level above 6.0, but not more than 7.5.
- Clay soil must be avoided since it can hinder the growth of the fiber.
- The soil should be fertilized and receive up to 110kg of nitrogen per hectare.
- The hemp plant requires a lot of moisture, so it should be grown in areas where the amount of rainfall is high.
Amount of THC
Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is the component of the Cannabis plant. This substance produces a psychoactive effect on a human’s body. While there are individuals who don’t mind getting THC at more than minute amounts from CBD products, it’s not the case for everyone.
Only 0.3% of THC is allowed in a CBD product for it to be considered as a legal hemp product. If you’re applying for a job, you may be required to take drug tests by your potential employer. Drug tests are done to ensure that you are not going to cause errors at work that may result in workplace accidents. These drug tests are designed to pick up THC, so if you are serious at getting hired, avoiding CBD products with high amounts of THC would be the best thing to do.
The reputation of the manufacturer is another thing to consider when choosing CBD oil for sale. You should only buy CBD products from a company that follows industry guidelines and values transparency. Check online for the company’s customer reviews and carefully read them to verify the brand’s credibility and product quality. Also, check if the products have earned seals such as the U.S. Hemp Authority, Lab Tested Potency & Purity, Natural Farming Practice, and ISO 9001.
Selecting CBD oil products to buy can be daunting but rewarding. The information from this post on the things to look out for could be of great help. Don’t forget to check the essential information about the product like third party lab reports, agricultural guidelines in growing the source plant of the product, the amount of THC a product contains, and the credibility of the manufacturer.
Choose wisely to get the best CBD oil in the market and receive its endless benefits.