Launching a business is incredibly difficult – due to the simple fact there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ guide that can simplify the process for you. As every business is unique, they each require a unique business plan – and different strategies that may be useful to you may not necessarily be useful to others. However, there are some tips that are universal – and can help you get started on the right foot no matter what kind of business you own – large or small, local or international.
For example, it is essential that you don’t underestimate the importance of good marketing – particularly during your company’s infancy. After all, poor marketing can have a devastating impact on your brand, as you will fail to bring in or retain customers. As a result, you may end up having to close shop before you’ve even really started.
With that in mind, here are some marketing techniques that you can use to help put your business on the map.
- Spend time putting together a quality website for your company. As there are many reasons why a website might fail – from poor design to low-quality content – it’s important that you invest a significant amount of time into this. If you aren’t well versed in website building and maintenance, it may also be worthwhile to hire a web designer to do the hard work on your behalf.
- Social media’s persistent prevalence in our daily lives means that it is now an essential tool for any business that wants to get its name out there and build its client base. However, different platforms will work better for different brands (depending upon your target audience), so you should do your research ahead of time to ensure you use the right platforms for your brand.
- No matter what kind of online content you are producing – from blogs to sponsored advertisements – you should also be sure that you have an understanding of SEO – or bring in an SEO company who can help you manage your franchise SEO. SEO is a practice that allows you to improve the quality and quantity of traffic your website receives – making it easier for the right customers to discover your brand and make a purchase.
- Though you may dream of introducing your company to an international audience, it is best to start small – perhaps operating within your local area. This can help your brand gain some recognition that can then propel you forward. Attend local events and connect with other business owners to set off on the right foot.
- Remember, whether you are managing social media accounts or a blog, not every post has to function as an advertisement. In fact, this is more likely to turn customers away as opposed to drawing them in – as they don’t want to feel as though they are being pushed into making a decision. For example, if you run a clothing company – a lifestyle blog is a great way to connect with your audiences.
- When focusing on your social media accounts, ensure that your social media feed is aesthetically pleasing. Use the same pre-set on your photographs, the same font, and ensure that your brand is clearly represented. This is a great way to catch the eye of customers and can help increase your following.
- When curating social media content, create interesting and dynamic posts – the kind that your followers will want to look at instead of simply scrolling past it. Don’t post for the sake of it, and don’t post too often. Focus on trying to create quality, relevant content that your followers will like or share – as this is the best way to organically boost your online profile.
- Pay attention to how well certain advertisements perform – do customers respond better to text-based advertisements or videos? Do people tend to purchase at a particular time of day – and can you change the time you upload content to shift this? The more you understand your advertisement’s performance, the better – as it will give you a clear indication of how to appeal to your target audience.
- Ask your customers to give your reviews after every purchase. If you don’t seem to be getting reviews organically, it doesn’t mean that customers don’t love your product – they may just find it time-consuming. However, you can easily convince them to leave a review if you present them with an incentive – such as a discount on their next purchase.
- If you are running out of ideas on how to market your product or brand, consider hiring new staff or outsourcing creatives who can help bring in a fresh perspective. Do not be afraid to take risks, as they often pay off and are a great way in which you can stand out from the crowd. Remember, your brand is unique, so your advertisements should be too.
- Figure out quickly what your USP (Unique Selling Point) is. This is the element that makes your brand or products unique. Ensure that your USP is featured in every advertisement and that you make it clear to your customers they won’t find anything else like your product. For example, your USP could be that your product helps clients get a task done quickly or that it is made out of a sustainable material.
- Stay up to date with any social media trends, and capitalize upon them when possible. This is a great way to demonstrate that your brand is fresh and exciting, and as a result, can help boost your profile and income. For example, many small brands have seen a boom in business after creating videos on TikTok.
- Collaborate with other brands that sell similar products or services to you. This is a great way to combine your following and doesn’t necessarily mean you are in direct competition with each other. For example, you can work with companies that operate in the same industry but do not sell the same products.
- If you want to connect with customers on a deeper level, you need to ensure that your brand has a ‘face.’ Customers are more likely to purchase a product when it feels like they know the brand inside and out. One way in which you can do this is by creating a winning about page that tells the story of your brand clearly.
- Focus on developing a strong relationship with your customers that is built on a foundation of trust and accountability. If a product arrives damage – hold yourself accountable, providing customers with a refund or a new product. This demonstrates a commitment to your customer’s happiness that could turn them from a one-time customer into a person who will always buy products from you.
- Review your marketing plan every few months. This is a great way to capitalize upon trends and ensure that what you are doing is actually working. After all, an advertisement that performs well at a certain point may lose effectiveness over time, and customers will quickly get irritated if they see the same advertisement time and time again.
As you can see, you can take various different steps if you want to improve your company’s visibility. Though they may appear to be time-consuming, they are a worthwhile investment into your brand and can help you bring in customers from across the world. Furthermore, you will be able to see the benefits of these techniques almost straight away – as they don’t take a long time to establish or work. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to take your company to the next level.