It is important for everyone to have disability insurance to protect them in case they are hurt and cannot work. While nobody leaves their home in the morning assuming they are going to get hurt on the job, an injury can happen at any time. This could leave people wondering what to do next. For those without disability insurance, they might not be able to pay their bills if they cannot get a new job. On the other hand, for those with disability insurance, they can file a claim. The bad news is that not every claim is approved. In this case, Hamilton Disability Lawyers is here to help.
Recently, this law firm took on the case of a man who was injured on the job. He filed the paperwork to have his claim approved; however, he was shocked to find that his disability insurance company actually denied his claim! It is important for people to note that there are a few common reasons why people might have their disability insurance claims denied. Some of the most common reasons include:
- The disability insurance company claims that the specific type of injury was not covered by the insurance policy
- The employee was being reckless, performing a job that was outside the scope of his work or engaging in an activity that caused the contract to be nullified
- There is not enough medical evidence for the disability insurance company to honor the claim
- The employee let the contract lapse and the disability insurance claim is null and void because the policy was not active at the time of the injury
- The employee did not seek proper medical care after the injury, causing the injury to be worse than it would have been otherwise
Anyone who files a disability insurance claim and has it denied is likely to be devastated emotionally. After all, they were counting on this money to help them cover their bills as they looked for other work and underwent the medical care they needed. Fortunately, just because someone’s disability insurance claim has been denied doesn’t mean that all hope is lost! This is where professional disability insurance lawyers from Hamilton can provide assistance.
Hamilton Disability Lawyers took the case of this gentleman who was hurt and couldn’t work. They meticulously reviewed the contract, took a look at the medical evidence, and decided that the company should have paid out his claim. They filed a lawsuit against the company seeking damages for the disability insurance claim that should have been honored in the first place. The result was that this man was awarded $200,000 that he could use to make ends meet while he sought future employment.