Ruby on Rails (RoR) is a framework built on the programming language called Ruby. It is commonly referred to as Rails by the development community. It was designed to make it simpler to create web applications. It was created by David Heinemeier Hanson. In this guide you can find out what this framework is all about and why it is so popular and prevalent.
How Ruby on Rails Simplifies Web App Creation?
Ruby on Rails simplifies web application development by creating default structures for the code, web pages, and database. It is a server-side application because RoR resides on a web server and serves data to browsers.
Ruby is designed to be easy-to-use, concise, and supports high-level software engineering. If you are seeking web application development on this platform, you should hire ruby developers with years of experience. Some of the key features of such a development service include:
- Custom Rails Web Solutions
- Code Audit
- Startups MVPs
RoR is a Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework. This is an architectural pattern used for creating desktop and web applications. The code is structured through separation of logic of the application into 3 interlinked parts.
- Model: It represents the application’s logic and the associated high-level classes and data objects.
- View: This is the visual presentation of the data
- Controller: This part connects the Model and View parts and responds to user input. It gathers data from the Model and delivers to the View part.
The advantage of this pattern is that it simplifies the application logic. This is why RoR applications are known to be highly flexible.
Why Ruby on Rails is so Popular?
The main reasons RoR is so popular are as follows:
- Active Community: It has a highly active community that is also quite supportive. There are thousands of contributors and regular gems and updates from developers. This makes application development increasingly easier and faster to create.
- Evolution: It gets at least 2 updates per year. This ensures that it keeps evolving with time and new requirements.
- Perfect for Everyone: It is easy-to-use, intuitive, and has a readable syntax. It is perfect for everyone including startups that need to deliver applications in the shortest possible time.
- Flexible: It allows you to achieve the same results by following different pathways.
- Developer Friendly: It is developer friendly for so many reasons – large number of resources and libraries to learn it, an active and supportive community, best practices, readable code style ,and much more.
Advantages of Using Ruby on Rails
Some of the key advantages of using Ruby on Rails are as follows:
- Faster: It takes much lesser development time compared to other frameworks.
- Lower Cost: Faster development translates into more savings.
- Higher Security: The architecture provides higher security to your application and data.
- Scalability: The availability of ready-made modules make scalability easier and quicker.
Thus, there are many reasons why Ruby on Rails is such a big name in the development community. It continues to grow and evolve creating new solutions and capabilities for developers. And this means that it is likely to remain important in the future as well.