Digital marketing is at its critical moment. Regardless of a business’s industry, size, or the number of locations it serves, its online presence and brand recognition across all channels matter. And with the help of SEO Washington DC experts and local SEO or search engine optimization strategies incorporated into its advertising campaign, you’ll be able to create awareness and elevate the organization’s visibility on the World Wide Web.
Some studies show that nearly ninety percent of all consumers depend primarily on internet platforms to aid them in finding businesses local to their respective areas. Based on these reports, it is safe to surmise that for any enterprise to flourish and thrive in the online landscape, it must be easy to find in search engines. Multi-location businesses are no exception.
The days where users visit company websites solely for the information that they require has long passed. These days, whenever people search for brands, the generated results often appear in a digital business profile with the associated URLs. To appear on these listings, it’s essential to execute local SEO strategies that can elevate the ranking of a multi-location business. But before diving deep into it, it’s vital to define and understand what this type of business is.
Multi-location businesses – what are they?
As its name suggests, a multi-location business is essentially an enterprise that pertains to product dealers and service providers that deliver their offerings to various areas. Companies fall into this type of business model if it has several physical shops and stores or service different locations. Usually, many things require consideration when it comes to running a business with multiple locations such as the branding for all franchise stores, providing the same offerings on all areas, and how to spread out the locations.
All these elements will factor into the success of a business’s digital marketing campaign. It’s necessary to integrate strategies like local SEO to amplify the company’s presence online across all of its locations. Each area must get equal amounts of attention.
Local search engine optimization
Local SEO isn’t easy. In actuality, it can be a challenging endeavor, especially for those who lack the knowledge, resources, and expertise. While the services of specialists like SEO Washington DC companies can help, it’s always worth understanding the strategies behind local SEO. It isn’t uncommon for entrepreneurs to see a multi-location business in a disadvantageous light in cultivating and encouraging excellent online customers’ experience. This is primarily due to the fact that it involves the careful analysis, evaluation, and management of multiple markets and reputations.
However, just because it is difficult, it doesn’t mean that it is impossible. For a multi-location business to compete, it needs to present both its existing and prospective customers with the same level of quality digital experience.
- Establish location pages. One common mistake of many multi-location businesses is to keep all relevant data on a single landing page. In doing so, they hamper their marketing efforts because it fails to give users immediate access to the information that they need. As such, it’s critical to create individual pages for every location because dedicated sites will give the company the opportunity to elevate its ranking in local searches.
- Keyword research. The reason why keyword research remains relevant to this day is that it allows a business to better understand not only user intent and search queries. But more importantly, the returns that the chosen phrases and terms can potentially yield. Through this fundamental aspect of SEO, a company can enhance its visibility and achieve a higher position in the SERPs or search engine results pages.
- Competitor analysis. It’s always a good idea to conduct competitor research and analysis because it gives a business a better idea of what it can improve upon based on comparisons with companies in the same industry or field without doing the legwork. However, apart from the strengths of your competitors, a competitive analysis can also shed light on their weaknesses. Thus, help you avoid their mistakes.
- On-site SEO. For a multi-location business to generate more inbound traffic from its area, it must improve its search engine optimization, conversion rates, and content. One way of doing so is through on-site SEO. This practice essentially involves optimizing all of the elements within a specific website to achieve a higher ranking. From the use of metadata, headers, and title tags to improving the loading speed of its web pages and their optimization for every device, on-site search engine optimization can be beneficial for any company.
- Encourage positive reviews. Research shows that nearly ninety percent of consumers trust reviews online as much as they do recommendations from family and friends. To better appeal to more users, it’s imperative to encourage your existing customers to leave positive reviews on the website. For starters, you can offer them incentives for their insights. You can also integrate it within the existing processes for making purchases too.
- Optimize your content. Content marketing continues to be one of the most widely used online advertising strategies, and it’s easy to see why. Not only does it give users valuable information relevant to the brand’s offerings. But in doing so, it keeps them engaged with the company too. In this day and age, it takes more than overbearing sales spiels and pitches to get the attention of potential customers; a business needs to offer something more. Through high-quality and relevant content, you’ll keep your intended audience engaged with your brand.
- Adopt an organized URL structure. It may sound weird to create a more structured URL listing for the webpages of a site. However, the more organized it is, the easier it’ll be for search engines to understand them. As a result, they’ll be indexed and crawled much quicker than it would’ve been otherwise.
Creating brand recognition for a multi-location business is no small feat. It isn’t likely to happen overnight. But with the local search engine optimization strategies listed above and the assistance of capable experts such as SEO Washington DC agencies, you’ll be able to elevate the online visibility of your company.