Self-belief is one of the most important things that any business owner can have, without it, they have no drive to do well. Success is something that we all define differently, but there are some distinctive things that you will be able to pluck out to know you are an absolute success in what you’re doing.
It may not look like a huge bonus check, a fancy car or hiring a private jet, though there is nothing wrong with any of those things! Career success for some people is all about the prestige and title of being a success, but others feel that they are successful if they are popular with customers. So, let’s take a look at some of the most obvious signs that you can call yourself a success.
- You have enough popularity to have a platform to voice your opinions on. If you have enough power, you are in a position to speak up for others and for issues that are important in the world. Unfortunately, we live in a time which means that power matters more than anything, and that means you have to find your voice and use it for important issues.
- You can finally focus on the now and not on the climb. You have spent years working your business and growing it to the point that you can let someone else do the running for you. Now is the time that you can focus on now, and not later, which means you get to focus on you. The fact you can do that without worrying your business will fail or you will run out of money is a huge sign of success.
- You have the time and money to dream bigger. When you are successful, you have the freedom to push yourself further and do better for your own future. You now have the time and the solvency to take steps and fulfil your dreams, and you can even pay for a life coach to help you to put those goals into place.
- You’re okay with failing. When you have spent years building a business, failure is not a new concept. In fact, you’ve probably already failed multiple times and you still have more things to learn in life. Now that you’ve reached the point of success, you view failure as a learning curve and not something to feel bad about.
- You’ve finally learned that you are successful because of the way others look up to you. The biggest sign of success is that you have other people asking you how you’ve “done it”. You know you’re not perfect, but you know that you have the skills and expertise to teach others how to do things in life. It’s nothing to be scared of and it’s a privilege to be an authority in what you do.
Take a moment to consider the points above and assess yourself. Success means different things to different people: how do you define your success?