There are many of you who may have shifted at least once in your life. It may either be due to job transfer or better locality or even a bigger and better home. It is often seen that people find it rather tough to sell off their old property. It may take time to find a good investor or to get a good deal or even someone who abides by your terms. Nonetheless, there are many people who consider it the best to find an investor to whom they can sell off their old home. Many resources exist in the market today and one great one can be found here at https://expresshoustonhomebuyer.com.
Pros of Selling Your Home to a Home Investor
There are several pros or advantages of selling your home to a real estate investor. Some of them are discussed below.
- Flexible and Multiple Payment Options: Selling your old home to a real estate investor will give you multiple payment options such as cash, certified funds, and pre-scheduled cash payments, amongst many more. Most of the investors buy old properties in full cash.
- Selling As It Is: Real estate investors normally buy properties as it is in order to flip them. If you are selling your property, it will help you avoid any major repairs that may prove to be costly. If you think that repairing your old house is not financially possible, you may easily sell it off to a real estate investor.
- On The Spot Closings: There are some investors who can close a deal within a time span of 7 days since such sale of property does not depend on approved finances, home inspections or appraised values. It naturally speeds up the process by skipping all these steps.
- No Need to Shift before Selling: You may easily negotiate with your investor so that there is no need for you to shift before selling off your property. There is no need for the house to be “show ready” for months during the selling process.
Cons of Selling Your Home to a Home Investor
There are several disadvantages of selling your home to a real estate investor. Some of these are discussed below.
- Sell Below The Market Price: Any real estate investor will be aware about the various benefits of a cash offer and also the risks of investing in an old property. The discounted price is important to sell of an old home fast. It will eventually fetch you a lower price as compared to the market value.
- Scammers: There are several scam artists who pose as investors to buy your property. You better do some research online with the name of the investor. Also ask for some references to look them up with the Better Business Bureau.
- There Is No Need For An Investor To Have A License To Buy: Since investors do not represent a seller or a buyer and just themselves, there is no need for them to have a license in order to purchase a property. There are some investors who are individuals, and some are corporations who purchase and sell old properties on their own.